Career Transition/Retirement Coach for the International Development & Humanitarian Aid Professionals
Although I wanted to work in the international development/humanitarian sector since my childhood, I started my career in the private sector. I moved from the private sector to the UN, UN to NGO, and now I am a business owner/career coach. I have over 20 years of experience and worked in 19 countries. Having gone through all these transitions, I can tell these transitions are possible, but we need to be resilient and also need to be strategic. Transitioning into an international development/humanitarian career is challenging, but transitioning from these sectors can also be challenging for various reasons. These transitions can also be difficult for the accompanying spouse/partner.
Making a mid-life and cross-cultural career transition can be challenging, but you do not have to go through this transition alone. I have personally been on the same path you are on and can assist you with your journey.
Working with a career coach is an investment in your future, your long-term career satisfaction, and your happiness. My coaching will add value to your journey by assisting you with:
- Identifying your career vision, values, passion, strengths, interests, and preferences.
- Discovering career options aligned with your vision, values, passion, strengths, interests, and preferences identified.
- Developing a realistic career strategy and helping you stay focused on your career search (or business-building) efforts by streamlining the process.
- Keeping yourself motivated and accountable for taking necessary actions to land a job you love.
If you are transitioning into retirement, I can assist you in reflecting on your identity and values, and finding meaning and purpose in retirement.
In addition to career transition coaching, I can offer coaching in various personal/professional development topics. For example:
- Conflict management coaching (one-on-one coaching sessions to better manage workplace/personal conflicts)
- Cultivating resilience (bouncing forward)
- Overcoming imposter syndrome
- Finding a healthy work-life balance
- Creating own opportunities for racial/gender equity
- Thriving in the international development/humanitarian sector as an introvert
- Wellbeing coaching (lasting behaviour change)
- Navigating uncertainties
Below, you can find different options for my coaching service*. Please note, these are the basic packages*. We can tailor it based on your specific needs and circumstances.
For individual clients
- 4-Hour Virtual Career Coaching Package (US$ 415).
- 4-Hour Virtual ''Starting Your Small Business'' Coaching Package (US$ 415. Including practical assignments to help you start your small business).
- 3-Hour Virtual ''Finding Your Ikigai (Life Purpose) in Retirement'' Coaching Package (US$ 311)
- 4-Hour Virtual Career Transition Coaching for Retiring/Retired Professionals (US$415)
- 1-Hour Virtual Coaching (US$122) Packages above offer 15% discount compared with an hourly rate.
*I am happy to offer a 15% discount on the above price for students and unemployed people.
To learn more about how we can work together, please contact me for a free 30 min virtual (Zoom) Discovery Consultation.
For the organizations
I can provide the following services for the organizations:
- Career transition/development coaching for employees (employees transition into new roles, cross-cultural adaptation, departing employees, etc.)
- Non-financial retirement coaching as an employee benefit
- Expat accompanying spouse/partner career coaching
- Conflict management coaching
- Staff wellbeing support
Please contact me for more information.
Career Transition Coach for the International Development/Humanitarian Aid Professionals
Trauma-Informed Certified Coach (TICC)
International Coaching Federation (ICF) Certified Coach
Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) Member