Career Transition/Retirement Coach for the International Development & Humanitarian Aid Professionals
Although I wanted to work in the international development/humanitarian sector since my childhood, I started my career in the private sector. I moved from the private sector to the UN, UN to NGO, and now I am a business owner/career coach. I have over 20 years of experience and worked in 19 countries. Having gone through all these transitions, I can tell these transitions are possible, but we need to be resilient and also need to be strategic. Transitioning into an international development/humanitarian career is challenging, but transitioning from these sectors can also be challenging for various reasons. These transitions can also be difficult for the accompanying spouse/partner.
Making a mid-life and cross-cultural career transition can be challenging, but you do not have to go through this transition alone. I have personally been on the same path you are on and can assist you with your journey.
Working with a career coach is an investment in your future, your long-term career satisfaction, and your happiness. My coaching will add value to your journey by assisting you with:
- Identifying your career vision, values, passion, strengths, interests, and preferences.
- Discovering career options aligned with your vision, values, passion, strengths, interests, and preferences identified.
- Developing a realistic career strategy and helping you stay focused on your career search (or business-building) efforts by streamlining the process.
- Keeping yourself motivated and accountable for taking necessary actions to land a job you love.
If you are transitioning into retirement, I can assist you in reflecting on your identity and values, and finding meaning and purpose in retirement.
Below, you can find different options for my coaching service*. Please note, these are the basic packages**. We can tailor it based on your specific needs and circumstances.
For individual clients
- 4-Hour Virtual Career Coaching Package** (US$ 415).
- 4-Hour Virtual ''Starting Your Small Business'' Coaching Package** (US$ 415. Including practical assignments to help you start your small business).
- 3-Hour Virtual ''Finding Your Ikigai (Life Purpose) in Retirement'' Coaching Package** (US$ 311)
- 4-Hour Virtual Career Transition Coaching for Retiring/Retired Professionals **(US$415)
- 1-Hour Virtual Coaching (US$122) Packages above offer 15% discount compared with an hourly rate.
- 8-Week Self-Paced Online Career Workshop (US$ 250. Includes one-year access to My Career Design Studio™, 8-week email support, and 2-hour virtual one-on-one coaching)
*I am happy to offer a 15% discount on the above price for students and unemployed people.
**All our coaching packages include free one-year access to My Career Design Studio™.
To learn more about how we can work together, please contact me for a free 30 min virtual (Zoom) Discovery Consultation.
My Career Design StudioTM is an online career coaching program that takes you through activities commonly used by career coaches. My Career Design Studio™ is your fun online workspace to research, sketch, dream, and implement your vision for a fulfilling, satisfying life. Here, you will have access to tools, tips, and activities to discover your strengths, preferences, values, and vision, so you can decide what is most important for you in your next job, career, or business.
Through My Career Design Studio, you will have access to***:
- Career assessments that reveal your strengths, goals, and preferences.
- Over 30 activities to help you gain clarity about your career goals, research different options, and create a job search strategy.
- Tools to write an outstanding and effective resume, LinkedIn profile, and cover letters.
- Tips on networking, elevator speech, interview prep, salary negotiation, and use of LinkedIn for career design, etc.
- Strategies for dealing with your doubts and fears when you get stuck.
***All our coaching packages include free one-year access to My Career Design Studio™ (Valued at over US$ 400).
For the organizations
I can provide the following services for the organizations:
- Career transition/development coaching for employees (employees transition into new roles, cross-cultural adaptation, departing employees, etc.)
- Non-financial retirement coaching as an employee benefit
- Expat accompanying spouse/partner career coaching
- Conflict management coaching
Please contact me for more information.
Career Transition Coach for the International Development/Humanitarian Aid Professionals
International Coaching Federation (ICF) Certified Coach
My Career Design Studio (MCDS) Certified Practitioner
Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) Member